Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 14




Today seems like the perfect day to show our first "Bump Watch" picture...Mother's Day! At the risk of sounding cheesy, I must admit that this year, as I embark on motherhood, Mother's Day does hold a new meaning for me. I feel so fortunate and blessed that I have such a wonderful mother and I appreciate her more now than ever before! She has taught and nurtured me so much and our baby will be so fortunate to have her as a grandmother! The same is true for Drew's mom, I couldn't ask for a better mother in law and this baby is going to be so lucky and likely very spoiled by his/her grandmommies! Drew has also been very sweet today to this mommy to be!

So, although it may not be all that visible to those viewing this picture, there is definitely a "bump" that has begun. Suddenly this small bump appeared this week, making my work clothes fit just a bit differently than I remember. Initially, I swore it was just the dry cleaners that possibly shrunk my clothes, but it appears that I am indeed developing the beginning of a bump. By the way, I was not down with the lifting of the shirt picture, but Drew insisted! Don't count on that continuing much longer!

This week we had another ultrasound It was incredible how much Baby Keller has grown since we had our last ultrasound three weeks ago. Baby Keller wasn't exactly cooperating during the ultrasound and the doctor needed a different view of the baby for the measurements she was attempting to take, so she kept pushing on my abdomen to get Baby Keller to adjust position. I couldn't believe how active Baby Keller really is and I don't even know it! Baby Keller was kicking and punching away! It is always such a comfort to see the baby and hear the heartbeat! We are still undecided on if we will find out the sex of the baby. All along I have had the hunch it is a girl while Drew has thought it was a boy, but after our last ultrasound I think it is a boy! Our next OB appointment is this coming Friday the 15th. At our last OB visit on April 17th our doctor bet me that I wouldn't fit into my suit pants by the next visit and I am determined to prove her wrong...no matter how difficult buttoning those pants might be!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH! Great work on the blog sarah! Love that little bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah and Drew,
    Love the Blog! It will be fun to follow your adventure virtually, since we live so far away. We'll definitely be following the bump watch. love ya, Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited that you are doing the blog! :) We'll be watching closely from Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I'm so excited! I'm thrilled to keep up with you via your blog. Take care of yourself...I think you look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah-you look fantastic!
    I am so excited for you and Drew. What a great way to keep us all posted.
    Hugs-The Russells

    ReplyDelete