Saturday, October 31, 2009

Week 39-Still Pregnant


Still waiting on Baby L...the good news is that this will be my last Weekly Pregnancy post! This really has been a wonderful week. I finally took the time to relax and enjoy some quiet time around the house. I also had some great lunches and dinners with family and good friends and have truly felt that each day is a gift from Baby L (not that I haven't been impatient too!). I will likely not have this kind of time for a VERY long time! That being said, we are so ready to meet Baby L, the anticipation is really getting to us. Three different nights this week we really thought "this is it!"....I was having contractions, some were getting painful and things seemed to be moving in the right direction. Each night, we forced ourselves to go to bed to try to rest in case this was the big night, and each morning we woke up with me still pregnant and no Baby L!

Yesterday Dr. Loften was actually surprised to see me. Last week Baby L was already so low that I think she, too, thought he would come. So, yesterday she gave me the option to induce on Friday November 6th, if he hasn't yet arrived. We went ahead and scheduled everything at the hospital for next Friday...SO at the VERY latest we will meet our son in 6 days! Just the thought of it makes me smile. I am really holding out hope though that our little guy surprises us on his own. One thing they told us in birthing class is that NOTHING ever goes as you have it planned in your mind when it comes to the birth of a child. I guess Drew and I have just always envisioned the surprise and excitement of going in to labor, the trip to the hospital etc. We think that is so much of the fun and anticipation of having, especially, your first child. I am a little bummed about the thought of having to be induced, but the most important thing is the Baby L arrives healthy and I know as soon as I see his little face it won't matter how he got here, when it happened, etc., just that he is now safely with us.

So, in the mean time, we will continue to wait. The house is clean and organized, the nursery is ready, the bags are packed, and Drew and I are on pins and needles! We will keep you all posted as soon as Baby L is here, we can't wait to introduce him to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment