Friday, November 6, 2009

Full Term

Well...here we are, 40 weeks. I never thought we would get to this point, or rather, I hoped we wouldn't! But we are here. We had our full term appointment today. Everything with Baby L is still fine, other than the fact that he is all snuggly in my uterus instead of in our arms!

I am still very happy we didn't induce today, but I can't help but feel a little bit sad that we have yet to meet our son.

Next week I have two non-stress tests scheduled for Monday and Thursday to make sure that everything with Baby L is alright since we will be going past our due date. If we still have no action by next Friday, then we will induce. We are scheduled at the hospital for Friday the 13th...which used to bother me, but now, does not even phase me! We are still holding out hope that in the next seven days Baby L will join us at his leisure.

The one positive is that I will get an extra week of maternity leave possibly!

In the mean time, Drew and I are enjoying quiet time around the house, dinners out, movies, and lots of laughs! I know we will always value this special time together! We have had a great run just the two of us, but now we are ready for our life as a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment