Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Happy Home


Rigley's new best pal!


Kung Foo grip!

Time by the fire with Daddy!


We finally get to take our son home!



First meeting Bentley!

We are home and loving every minute with Luke! Sunday morning we got the "all clear" from the pediatrician and OB and even though the hospital said we could stay until 11:59pm, Drew and I hightailed our way out with Luke before noon! We were so excited to get him home! We had an amazing experience though at Shawnee Mission. All of our nurses were wonderful and I couldn't have asked for more.

Even though Luke is only 4 days old, I can't imagine our lives without him. I can honestly say that I have never been happier in my entire life. Everything with Luke just feels so natural and right. We waited a long time for a child to join our lives and I feel so incredibly fortunate to have such an amazing husband and son, a loving and supportive family, and such a great group of friends. We have been showered with love, dinners, support etc. Luke has so many new friends that can't wait to meet him!

Luke is such a good natured baby. He makes us smile and laugh constantly. He has so many facial expressions that warm our hearts. He sleeps incredibly well, I honestly think he would sleep through the night if I didn't have to wake him for feedings. He eats like a champion and overall is just a happy little fellow!

We had our first visit to the pediatrician today and Luke got a great report. He is such a tiny kiddo weighing in right now at 6lbs. 15oz, but we are hopeful that at our weight check on Friday he will have started to gain weight. I am feeling pretty confident by Friday he will be well on his way, I feel like all this guy has done today is EAT! In the mean time we are getting a little creative with clothing! We were expecting this little guy to be a BIG baby...so we had very few newborn clothes, but lots of 0-3 month clothes. Luke is swimming even in his newborn clothes! He likes the baggy pants look!

This week has been awesome with the three of us all being home together. I wish Drew didn't have to go back to work next week.

1 comment: