Sunday, December 13, 2009

One Month!
















Luke is one month old today! I feel silly saying it, but I can't believe my baby is already one month old! I have a feeling I will be saying things like this for the rest of my life now! This month has gone by so quickly! It has been wonderful in every sense of the word: discovering parenthood, getting to know Luke, the love of our family, the support of our friends, the list could go on and on.

Luke has grown so much over the last month, several pounds, several inches...but I think the ones who have grown the most are Drew and me! Our lives have forever changed! We have gone from diaper changes taking 5-10 minutes to less than 30 seconds, tentatively dressing Luke (pulling shirts over his head and working his stubborn arms into his sleeves) to dressing him quickly and almost effortlessly, being anally clean to walking around with spit up on our shirts and in our (really just my) hair, sleeping in until 11am and at least 9 hours a night to surviving on minimal amounts of sleep, going out to dinner at 9pm to joining the family crowd at 5pm! We have most importantly discovered a love like none other!

Luke is becoming much more alert and has started to make more eye contact and have more "smiling" moments. It seems that everyday he grows just a little bit stronger. He sleeps one stretch of close to five hours a night, feeds and then sleeps about another 3 hours, so I am slowly starting to catch up on sleep. I can't wait to see how much he will change over the next month!

1 comment:

  1. It's such a delight watching you be a mom!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete