Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What a Weekend!

This past weekend was a whirlwind! Several posts will follow to fully update. We started the weekend Thursday evening with our first overnight away from Luke! We had gone over to some friends to watch the KU game and Drew's parents offered to watch Luke overnight so we could have a fun night away. I wasn't too sure at first, but I am so glad that we took them up on the opportunity! We had a wonderful night with friends and enjoyed sleeping in a little on Friday morning!

Saturday, the first day of Spring, brought nothing close to Spring weather...we had 8 inches of snow throughout the day. I was pretty nervous about the bad change in weather because we were hosting a surprise 60th birthday party for my mom that night and we had friends and family coming in from out of town. Fortunately everyone made it!

Unfortunately, Saturday marked a very sad time as well, as our beloved Kansas Jayhawks had their most devastating loss in a long time. Our hopes of another National Championship quickly diminished on Saturday night. Drew and I had planned to make the trip to Indianapolis for the Final Four if KU made it, so we were pretty disappointed. That being said, I am happy to not have to leave Luke for 4 days, priorities sure do change!

As if that wasn't a full weekend already, we had Luke's baptism on Sunday morning, my mom's actual birthday. It was a beautiful day and we were surrounded with lots of family and friends. I will post pictures of all these events shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment