Saturday, April 10, 2010

Little Mr. Magic


On Thursday morning my “Matirement” will officially end (interestingly enough with an overnight trip to New York). It has been six months since I have worked full time. The first month drug on with the anticipation of meeting Mr. Luke…and the last five months have flown by in the blink of an eye. Without a doubt this has been the most amazing five months of my life. Despite my sadness that my intense solo time with Luke is coming to an end, I can’t help but be excited and happy for all the times we have yet to come!

I feel so blessed to work for a company that allows me to take so much time away from work at the birth of our first child. It certainly has increased my loyalty to my job. If I am going to take time away from my baby, I am going to make every moment I am working count. I am proud that I can help provide for Luke, and I am confident that we will relish in the moments we have together even more. I am so grateful that I had the last 8 weeks to “bridge back” it has made the transition so much easier. Eight weeks ago, I feared that I would not have adequate time with Luke in the evenings and weekends. Of course, I would love to spend more time with him and certainly will miss him, but I now know that we are still able to do so much together. I love that during the day I get to look forward to coming home to Luke (and Drew too!).

There are so many things that I have grown to love about Luke these past five months, his smile, his laugh, his disposition, his hair, the way I see Drew in his expressions, the way he has brought our family closer, but I believe what I love most are his little hands. They are so innocent…soft and tender. I love the way they hold on to my hands when I am feeding him. I love that when I look at his hands I picture all his future has in store for him and his hands….tying his shoes for the first time, painting, playing ball with his dad, holding our hands to cross the street, writing his name for the first time, helping others, holding hands with his first little girlfriend….his hands hold his future and I can’t wait to see where they take him!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful thoughts=) You have such an amazing attitude friend!

    ReplyDelete