Sunday, October 31, 2010

What a Week...

My mom says that this has been a week for the record books. She says she doesn’t know what she is going to do with me. One word I have heard her use a lot this week is pitiful…I have felt pretty pitiful.
This week my sweet little girlfriend Harper celebrated her first birthday, and I was so excited to see her and her big brother Henry. I think I want to be Henry when I grow up.
Just when we were really getting ready to start her birthday festivities with cake, ice cream and gifts I stole the show and had the first projectile vomit session of my life. Let’s just say I came home in Harper’s clothes and mom and dad came home in Harper’s parents’ clothes! It wasn’t pretty. I feel kinda bad for stealing Harper’s thunder and I hope I can make it up to her in 2 weeks at my birthday party. 

The next day I woke up and felt fine and mom and dad breathed a huge sigh of relief…until Friday when I woke up with my THIRD head cold in FIVE weeks! (this is when my mom started to really say “Luke what are we going to do with you!”). Friday night I didn’t sleep at all and mom and dad took shifts staying up with me and trying to help me get comfortable. I was supposed to go to a fun Baby Halloween party on Saturday with lots of my friends, but mom and dad wouldn’t let me go…they said I might get my friends sick and then mom and dad would never get invited to parties again…we were all pretty bummed out. After all, I looked pretty cute in my Chewbacca outfit and I hardly got to show it off…not to mention all the cute photo ops we would have had!

Today, for Halloween, because mom and dad couldn’t take another moment in the house, we joined my friend Campbell and her parents, and my Nonni and Papa and went to The Village to see the trick or treaters. Campbell/Little Bumblebee and I weren’t too sure about Halloween, but it seems we are always along for the ride with our crazy parents!

Me and Campbell the Bumblebee...Not so sure about these outfits!
With The Santa pumpkin patch (my daycare friends)


I think everyone at our house is hoping for an upcoming week of health that lasts for longer than 10 days!


Poor pitiful me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh luke - you have definitely had quite a week=) You looked adorable in your chewbaca outfit. Campbell promises to be in better spirits next year=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke, as far as I'm concerned, you win "Best Halloween Costume!" I've never seen another little Chewbaca, let alone one as darling as you! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete