Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday!

How can I summarize the greatest year of my life…quite simply, I cannot…what I can say is that Luke has changed our lives, taught us more than he will ever comprehend and has brought us so much joy and happiness! With each passing month of the last year he has surprised us, warmed our hearts with his smiles, laughs and mellow disposition, and made us a family. It’s hard to believe that a year has already passed us by. I embrace every moment with our little man and cherish the days as they pass us by and I know that the best is only yet to come! We have many surprises in store for one another and I am fairly certain that we will learn just as much from Luke as he learns from us! And as a favorite child’s book so perfectly summarizes…”How do I love you let me count the ways….I love all that you will be and everything you are.”


Our Very Happy  Birthday Boy!
  We had a wonderful birthday celebration filled with family and friends and even a webcam visit from Tia Jauna in Vermont during cake time! Luke was overly spoiled…in fact, as I sit and type this I am staring at a pile of yet to be opened gifts…I think we should just change the wrapping over to Christmas paper and call it done!

Already thinking about tearing in to a few of his gifts...

Not so sure about that candle...but Rigley is ready to help him eat cake!


Typical Luke...always tentative first...

Older and wiser Harper decided to help Luke with his cake...maybe they were practicing for their wedding cake someday :)

Mom...I can't see!


Daddy's gift to Luke...the Mega Playland...complete with over 100 fun house balls, multiple tunnels and play areas....a mother's nightmare! Dad decided we needed at least 300 more balls!

Today the little man is wiped out and sleeping the day away…leaving me to packing up the infant clothes and toys that are now from a former day! Cheers to our toddler!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Luke! So happy we got to celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, luke! The bakalars send love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete