Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ode to a 2 Month Old

Sweet Bowen, today you are two months old...in some ways it seems like you were born just yesterday and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago!  I can't imagine your sweet smiles and coos not filling our household!  Everyday you grow more engaging and sweet!  Today you started the beginning signs of giggles and smiled at me all morning long!  You continue to bury your little self deeper in my heart!

I am amazed by your laid back nature...you definitely didn't get that from me.  Each day you endure more torture than any baby should...pokes in the eye, hair being pulled, kicks, drug across the blanket by your ankle, fallen on, sat on, trust "falled" on (though you have yet to catch your brother he continues to try), and likely many other things I don't see when my back is turned for  3 seconds.   Never during this torture do you cry or even whimper...you take it like a man and I am thoroughly impressed.  You are one tough cookie.  You never protest when I leave you on your tummy for far too long while I chase your brother around the house.  You will either be the most laid back kid in America or you are cataloging each of these moments and someday payback will be yours...I can't wait to watch which way it plays out...I am kind of hoping for both!

What I really love is that you had me worried for the first month that you might not be quite the sleeper your brother had been, but it was all just a game for you, you little trickster you, and now you are sleeping a solid 8 hour stretch at night and I feel amazing!

I love you little man!  Can't wait for the next month!





1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how your heart grows bigger to make room for the love you have for one more little man in your life!

    ReplyDelete