Friday, September 30, 2011

Our life in snippets...

THEN.....


NOW.....












Slightly different?...From dance parties, late nights, and crazy tailgates to 5pm dinners at kid friendly restaurants leaving trail of food behind us, game days on our deck and afternoon naps, as we embark on our 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow I couldn't imagine our life any better.  Sure, we have had our setbacks, disappointments and heartbreaks, but we have also had a hefty dose of love, laughter and have brought two beautiful children into this world together.  If eight years ago when we first got together you would have shown me a picture of our life today I wouldn't have believed it could be so sweet!

So our life used to be a bit more adventurous and exciting when it came to traveling, weekends, parties, tailgates etc, but these more recent iPhone pics (because I certainly don't have room to carry a camera in the diaper bag amongst the diapers, matchbox cars, sippy cups and goldfish) still tell a pretty great story, our happily ever after, every perfect imperfection.

I am blessed to be married to my best friend, an incredible and fun daddy,  and someone that daily helps me grow as a person.  I am a better person today because of him.

This post comes a little early, because tomorrow we will be spending the day as a family at KU, a pretty perfect way to celebrate.  We celebrated as a couple last weekend with a great date night and hotel stay on the Plaza while the boys spent the night with the grandparents!

Happy 6th Anniversary Drew...I think we have at least another 54 in us!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! And that first picture made me laugh out loud!! Happy Anniversary to some of our best friends!!

    ReplyDelete