Thursday, September 8, 2011

To Do List

-Get back in shape
-Organize my closet and pack away return all the borrowed maternity clothes
-Organize the master bathroom
-Organize the spices
-Get baby on regular schedule....

.....the list goes on and on.  I figured I would use the days when Luke is at daycare to accomplish these things because Lord knows when I return to work they will never get accomplished.

Well, some days the to do list just needs to be put on hold.  For moments like these...


These are way more important tasks and I am loving every moment of them.  So if it means I keep my baby belly longer than desired, so be it.  When my work pants are a little too tight I will think of these gorgeous fall days on the deck snuggling with the sweetest of babies...these moments go far too fast and this maternity leave I realize that more so than my last maternity leave with Luke.  Baby will get on a schedule eventually, my clothes will fit better eventually and I can deal with a messy closet longer too! There is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby on your chest.

3 comments:

  1. Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
    Sew on a button and butter the bread.

    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

    Oh, I’ve grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
    Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo
    Look! Aren’t his eyes the most wonderful hue?
    Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

    The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
    But children grow up as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true! I miss those snuggle up on the couch days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem your mom posted made me cry! So true. Enjoy these special moments.

    ReplyDelete