Friday, December 9, 2011

Gonna Wish These Days Hadn't Gone By So Fast

I have to be honest, there are many days lately where I feel pretty overwhelmed with the busy, crazy, messy nature of our life right now.  I feel like my to do list is always growing, our house, despite my best efforts, isn't nearly as clean as I would like and our decor has taken on a fisher price like feel...and a construction site feel (thanks to Luke's obsession with trucks).  I swore our house would never look like Toys R Us exploded...make that #5,000,000 on my list of things I was wrong about in parenting! :)  Some days I look around at the mess and find myself wishing some of these moments by and for the next big milestone...and then I realize that I am going to miss this one day, A LOT, I'm gonna wish these moments hadn't slipped by in the blink of an eye.  When I sit back and watch Luke running around, giggling and acting like a crazy person and Bowen giggling at him, I realize these are MY boys...and I love these moments to pieces (even when Luke sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "LA LA LA LA LA!"). Despite feeling a bit overwhelmed and undermanned at times we are having a blast...so much so that I realized today I haven't been on here in about a month and we have been up to a lot!  Thanksgiving in North Carolina, Bowen turning 5 months and thinking he is actually a 2 year old, Christmas preparations...so the next few posts will be quick catch ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment