Monday, July 16, 2012

Bomerica

On July 1, our sweet little sunshine, Bo Bo Keller turned 1!  I can't believe how quickly the year has flown by....the transformation that a human being makes during the first year of life never ceases to amaze me.  On the other hand, our stubborn little boy who refused to turn in utero, is well, still pretty stubborn!  This year has been an absolute joy, blur and an exhausting, yet thrilling, journey!

Bowen has the sweetest smile that can light up a room, he craves attention and works hard to engage anyone and everyone.  He is an explorer, a dare devil, a giggler and a force to be reckoned with!  He is also such a lover, and snuggles on my chest still like a newborn.  He eats us out of the house and never bores of sitting in his high chair-we are talking over an hour each night.  He loves music and dances to any song regardless of genre (unlike Luke who constantly tells us "I no like this song").  He is a chatter box and is right now saying, mama, daddy, dog (all the time), ball, throw, no no no no no, hi, bye, all done, and probably many other things that we haven't caught on to yet.  He is definitely my baby and as much as I love watching him grow up, I definitely want to keep him small and all mine forever!

Before Bo was born I hoped he wouldn't be born on the 4th of July...I wanted him to have his own day, but as the big day approached Drew and I thought it would be fun to celebrate his birthday with family and friends on the 4th, to make it more festive.  I had envisioned a simple red, white and blue theme with some stars etc.  Drew on the other envisioned something a bit different.  I tell you what, the man never ceases to surprise me.  My metro sexual, preppy, conservative husband coined the term BOMERICA for our celebration. His rationale:  Happy Birthday America, Happy Birthday Bo!  When he casually mentioned he wanted to make a poster and would put his creative team on it, I just blew him off....until a large cylinder arrived on our doorstep the end of June.  When I unrolled it this is what I discovered:


Yes, that is my sweet son in a George Washington wig and our boys photoshopped on to Luke and Bo Duke...and take a little closer look, oh yeah, that's my face on Daisy.  Needless to say, Drew really got in to Bomerica Day!  It was actually really sweet and made the celebration that much more festive.  So now we have a new holiday each year, Bomerica...I am sure this poster will resurface maybe around Bo's 21st birthday!

On his actual birthday, we spent the day at the lake and then had dinner at Stroud's with my parents.  Bomerica was spent at the lake and Bo enjoyed boat rides, swimming, BBQ and loved having every one's attention while they sang happy birthday.  He enjoyed the icing in his hair far more than eating the actual cake!

If you are one of those party poopers who is disgusted by parents who allow their children to play with their first birthday cake then stop reading now.


For me?
What do I do Luke?




I get by with a little help from my friends!



I can't believe I ate the whole thing!


Love Luke's expression watching Bo!

End then Mom got covered in frosting too!


Happy Birthday baby boy!  We love you more than you know, you have completed our family and we can't wait to see what you have in store for us in year two!





1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Love it all...the poster, the shirt, the cake...everything! Happy, happy birthday, sweet Bowen!

    ReplyDelete